ANIMALS ARE OUR FRIENDS...
Dogs are hunters, we know this too well. Our boxer loves to chase anything that moves. Obviously we would be crazy to just let him run into a chicken farm and do his own grocery shopping. Having a dog or any pet in your life nourishes your soul in ways humans just can’t. If loved and looked after in a kind and compassionate way, pets will be your non-judgmental friends for life. One of our debates in adding a puppy to our family was mostly focused on the idea of buying meat again. We live a vegan lifestyle which obviously means we don’t eat or buy products that use or are harmful towards animals. However, we were against feeding our dog vegan friendly meals simply because it’s not the choice he would naturally make.
So, after many hours searching the supermarket stores and researching online we realised there just wasn’t a pet food brand out there that shared all of a values. If we were to start buying meat for our beautiful dog, we wanted to be sure the farmed animals involved were living according to the highest of ethical standards available and dying in the most humane manner. Obviously it goes a little against our vegan living, but someone’s gotta do it right? We’ll take it for the team!
WE HAVE DONE A LOT OF HARD WORK TO FIND SUPPLIERS WHO MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
Organic Meat Products:
- Lifespan – twice the average age of other free range chickens
- Hormone Free
- Antibiotics and other drugs Banned
- Fed a natural and wholesome feed
- Healthy lifestyles – Fresh air and sunshine with plenty of room to roam
- Approx 75% of lifespan spent enjoying the outdoors
- Uncrowded living areas
- Integrity Safeguards – government controlled & independently audited
- Chemical and pesticide free
- Locally farmed